BPD Program Registration Information
Bloomingdale Park District Online Registration is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Login ...First time users click here to create your online account.
- Add one or more programs to your shopping basket by clicking the red basket next to the program
- Assign one family member to each program in your shopping basket and check out.
It really is that easy to use our online registration system!
Resident Lottery Registration: There is no lottery for summer registration
Mail-in/Fax-in/Drop-off registration is for residents of the Bloomingdale Park District ONLY. This time is used to provide residents with the opportunity to review the program guide and register for classes first. Mail-in/Fax-in/Drop-off registration begins with the receipt of the brochure. All resident registrations received during this time period are eligible for the lottery.
Resident Registration: Monday, April 1, 2013 at 8:30AM
Non-resident Registration: Monday, April 29, 2013 at 8:30AM
Lottery Day: There is NO lottery for summer registration.
What is lottery? The lottery is a computerized software program that works with the Park District registration system. On the lottery day the software program reviews each class by code number and selects those that have enrollment levels over the maximum listed in the program guide. Any program that is over enrolled is subject to the lottery. The software program then randomly selects who will be registered for the class and who will be placed on a wait list. Those placed on the wait list are then contacted by the Park District to make alternative arrangements. Those who were selected are not contacted and can assume they are in the class.
Open Registration: Now through the Start of Classes
Open registration period is for residents and non-residents. While staff will know what classes are filled after the lottery, they will not be able to guarantee anyone a spot in a class due to registration data entry already in progress. Anyone who is placed on a wait list during open registration will be contacted to see if alternative arrangements can be made.
The park district accepts many different payment options for recreational programs and services. Different programs and services will have many different fees and formats to the classes thus payments may be all up front or in installments. Below are the methods from which the park district will accept payments.
1. Cash: This option is acceptable for all programs. Please do not mail cash payments and make sure you receive a receipt for your payment. Anyone who does not receive a receipt should report this to the park district by calling our registration office at 529-3650.
2. Check: This option is very popular and is the most common here at the Park District. Please make checks payable to the Bloomingdale Park District. Customers who drop off the registration and check will receive a receipt. Those who mail in the registration and check must use the canceled check as proof of payment.
3. Charge Card: The Park District accepts Visa, Master Card and Discover only for this type of payment. The charge card can be handled with all registration procedures. For drop off registration the transaction can typically be handled right at the front window. For mail-in and faxed registrations there is a section on the registration form to place this payment information.
4. Debit Card: The park district is also equipped with the ability to accept debit cards as long as they are affiliated with a Visa, Master Card or Discover partnership. The same procedures and payment processes are followed with the Debit Card as with a charge card payment.
5. Coupon Payment: There are many programs offered by the park district that are perpetual in nature and have a natural monthly fee attached to them. The park district is changing its system to a coupon payment system and eliminating the monthly billing statements. Once a registration for one of these types of programs is received the participant/parent will receive a coupon payment book. It will then be the responsibility for the customer to mail in or drop off the payment with the corresponding coupon. Late fees will be assessed for payments received after the deadline. See "Coupon Payment Policies" below.
Coupon Payment Policies
The participant/parent will receive a coupon payment book at receipt of their registration. The coupon will illustrate whom the payment is for, what program the payment is for, the month the payment is applied to and the amount the fee is to be paid. A section of the coupon is perforated for the participant/parent to use to maintain payment records. It is highly suggested that participants/parent maintain his or her records. It is the responsibility of the participant/parent to get the coupon and related payment to the park district by the 1st day of the corresponding month. If payment is not received a late fee will be assessed. Any program with a coupon payment option will require a deposit at the time of registration. This will confirm your registration.
3-Day Program Cancellation Policy
Register Early So This Does Not Happen To You!! Programs that do not reach the advertised minimum registration number at least three days prior to the start of the program will be cancelled due to low enrollment. Participants will be notified of the cancellation during the three days prior to the advertised start date of the program. Full refunds will be issued for programs cancelled due to low enrollment. If a program has an advertised deadline listed in the brochure description, the program will be cancelled after that date if registration has not reached the minimum.
We thank you for your cooperation and continued patronage of the Bloomingdale Park District, and remember that the Benefits of Parks and Recreation are endless!
Program Refund Policy
A full refund will be provided to any customer who formally requests one at least three business days prior to the first class/practice, or by the program/trip advertised deadline. All refunds will be assessed a $5.00 administrative fee. Refunds received after the program begins will be prorated and assessed the $5.00 administrative fee. Refunds requested after the completion of a program or after the advertised deadline will not be granted.
Individual programs may have specific refund guidelines. These programs include but are not limited to Kids Place, Preschool, Schools Out!, Adult Leagues, and Day Camps. Refunds will not be granted for daily admissions, drop-in fees, KFN, tickets, exhibit hanging fees, or Oasis season passes after the pool has opened for the season.
The $5.00 administrative fee will not be assessed for refunds due to low enrollment or cancelled programs, rental/party deposits, punch card refunds, or medical reasons accompanied by a physician's note. Refund requests will be handled on a case by case basis.
Listed with every class is an age and/or grade designation that notifies interested participants the age demographics for each class or program. This designation is necessary for several reasons. First, the class or program is specifically designed for a certain age group. Second, we have found that participants enjoy and get more out of a program when interacting with peer groups of similar ages. Third, generally people feel more comfortable around people their own age and will enjoy the program in opportunities that provide this outlet. Last, concerns of safety and fair playing become issues when mixing age groups especially in youth. We thank you for your cooperation in this matter and hope you enjoy your recreational opportunities here at the Park District.
Return Check Policy
We will gladly accept personal checks as payment for registration fees. If, for any reason, a check is returned to our office marked “NSF,” we will contact you. You will then be required to submit a full cash payment, as well as a $25 bookkeeping fee, within a five business day period. Class privileges will be suspended and new registration will not be accepted until payment is received.
Min/Max - What does it mean?
For each program at the Park District, there are a minimum number of registrations needed before a class can "go." Most teachers are paid per class period, not per student, so if not enough people register, the Park District loses money - your money. You may ask, "But why a maximum?" The more students, the less individualized attention. We like to keep the student/teacher ratio low to insure that you get what you pay for: a higher quality program. The minimum number of registrations is the first number shown. The maximum is the second one shown. For example, MIN/MAX: 8/12.
Programs that do not reach the advertised minimum registration number at least three days prior to the start al the program will be cancelled due to low enrollment. Participants will be notified of the cancellation during the three days prior to the advertised start date of the program. Full refunds will be issued for programs cancelled due to low enrollment. If a program has an advertised deadline listed in the brochure description, the program will be cancelled after that date if registration has not reached the minimum.
Code of Conduct: Participant Guidelines
- Equal Access - No participant shall, on the basis of race, sex, creed, national origin, or disability, be denied equal access to programs, activities, services or benefits, or be limited in the exercise of any right, privilege, advantage or opportunity.
- Behavior - Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. The following guidelines have been developed to help make Park District programs safe and enjoyable for all participants. Additional rules may be developed for particular programs and athletic leagues as deemed necessary by staff. Participants shall:
- Show respect to all participants and staff
- Refrain from using foul language
- Refrain from causing bodily harm to other participants or staff
- Show respect for equipment, supplies and facilities.
- Discipline - A positive approach will be used regarding discipline. The Bloomingdale Park District reserves the right to dismiss a participant. Each situation will be evaluated on its own merit.
Registration Notification is Not Sent To You
Please remember that no notification or confirmation will be sent to you after your registration. If you do not hear from us then this means you are placed on the class roster. If you are placed on a wait list we will contact you and ask if there are alternative choices that we can provide you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about your status of your registration.
Wait Listing Process
A wait list is formed when a class reaches participant levels beyond the maximum. This may be occur when the lottery is completed or after the lottery depending on when the maximum is reached. The wait list is designed to maintain people in a holding area until either more spaces in the class are made or there is a drop out or transfer. The wait list is designed to offer any open spots to the next individual on the wait list by the date they first registered for the program.