About the Bloomingdale Parks Foundation
The Bloomingdale Parks Foundation is an organization dedicated to helping the Park District provide great recreation programs and open space while also assisting individuals to gain access to programs, enhancing current programs and making improvements to all of BPD's parks.
The Foundation was established in 1994 as a not-for-profit organization. Its primary purpose is to develop alternate sources of funding for Bloomingdale Park District facilities and recreation programs, and to provide opportunities for all Park District participants. The Foundation holds a 501-C3 status from the IRS.
Click here or contact the Park District at (630) 529-3650 for information about volunteering or becoming a foundation member.
- Creation and management of a scholarship fund.
- Installation of the Donald E. Morris Interpretive Trail with 32 stations
- Constructed boardwalk and observation deck at the wetlands
- Organize annual fundraisers including the Annual Recognition Event to honor community volunteers
- Attained over $170,000 in contributions
- Organized Friends of Springfield Park
- Winner of the DuPage Clean & Beautiful Award
- Funded the construction of the Springfield Park outdoor basketball courts
- Funded the construction of the picnic pavilion at Springfield Park
- Hosts the annual Make A Difference Day featuring nature activities and wetlands education.