Where community partnerships provide added benefits
If you've ever taken an aqua fitness class, enrolled your child in one of our musical programs or simply attended one of our seasonal special events (Winter Carnival, Bunny Bash, Summer Concerts, etc.), you've surely noticed a local business supporting the Park District.
This past fall, the Park District hosted its first ever Fitness Open House, sponsored by local partners Adventist GlenOaks Hospital, Sports Authority and Ducat Chiropractic & Sports Medicine. In case you missed it, Adventist GlenOaks provided blood pressure and pulmonary screenings with several doctors on hand to evaluating aches & pains. Ducat Chiropractic & Sports Medicine provided functional strength testing as well as chair massages. Sports Authority offered discount coupons and free water bottles and cups. In addition to special sign-up offers, Costco Wholesale provided water and snacks for fitness participants.
All of these services not only contributed to an enhanced experience, but they provided benefits to participants that the Park District is simply unable to offer on its own. Such partnerships and sponsorships also benefit the businesses, which attain person-to-person contact and the chance to market their services.
Other Park District community partnerships that benefit residents are listed below.
- With no in-house equipment or studio space, the Park District partners with Bloomingdale School of Music to offer classes in flute, guitar, piano, violin, voice lessons and more for all ages and abilities. Additionally, Bloomingdale School of Music generously sponsors the annual Bloomingdale's Got Talent competition held every summer.
- As any Park District participant knows, there is no indoor pool at the BPD. However, by partnering with Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort, the Park District is able to offer a variety of aqua fitness classes and programs year-round. Look for more recreational offerings at Indian Lakes in the future.
- Ducat Chiropractic & Sports Medicine, which was awarded first runner-up for 2012 Best Friend of Illinois Parks – Small Business by the Illinois Association of Park Districts (IAPD), does more than just serve as a sponsor for the Fitness Open House, Lunchtime Funtime Children's Entertainment Series and the Sunrise Shuffle 5K. The valued local partner also offers a highly-popular Walk-to-Run program through the Park District that conditions prospective runners to race three miles safely and effectively. Check out the Walk-to-Run program and Speedwork for Faster Running, also led by Ducat Chiropractic, in the Adult Fitness & Sports section (pages 22-34).
- In addition to serving as a sponsor for Winter Carnival, Bunny Bash and the Lunchtime Funtime Children's Entertainment Series, Associated Dental Care also regularly talks to the Park District's preschool classes, before- and after-school programs and summer camps about dental health. The result has a long-lasting effect on the community by teaching youngsters proper dental practices, keeping teeth functional and healthy, finding and treating dental problems before they become major, and keeping everyone smiling brightly.
- Valued Bloomingdale Park District partner Adventist GlenOaks Hospital was recently awarded Best Friend of Illinois Parks – Large Business by the Illinois Association of Park Districts (IAPD) at its annual Best of the Best Awards Gala held Sept. 27, 2013 at Wheeling Park District’s Chevy Chase Country Club.
- Through a recent agreement with Stratford Square Mall and the Bloomingdale Park District, the District will conduct some future programs at the mall. The location is upstairs in space G35 near Macy's. Stratford Square also has hosted the Bloomingdale Park Foundation's last two Sunrise Shuffle 5Ks.
For more information on corporate partnerships and sponsorships, visit the Park District's corporate partnership webpage.
WebTrac is the Bloomingdale Park District's web site where users sign up and register for programs. It's accessible via the green "Register Online" button in the top right-hand corner of any page on www.bloomingdaleparks.org or via its direct URL, https://registerb.parksreconline.com/bloomingdale102.html.
The new, mobile-optimized WebTrac appears only when visitors browse the site on their mobile phone or tablet. It also can be accessed via its direct URL, https://registerb.parksreconline.com/
Did you know that 31 percent of the Park District's web visitors use their mobile phone to browse the site? Nine percent use their tablet. That's 40 percent via mobile/tablet, and the numbers continue to grow.
That's an awful lot of our residents browsing and registering for classes and programs online. The new mobile-optimized WebTrac site greatly improves the ease in which they can register!